today is my mums birthday !!!! for her birthday I mad her this cake that is delicious.
- for the topping
- 350g eating apples, peeled
- 1tbs lemon juice
- 125g self raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g butter
- 75g demerara sugar
- 1tbs milk
- for the base
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- preheat the oven to 180` and grease you tin with oil.
- finely chop the apples and mix them with the lemon juice and reserve
- for the topping sift the flour and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- rub the butter into the flour and cinnamon
- stir the sugar and reserve
- for the base cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs
- sift in the flour and gently fold it together
- spoon the base in the tin and arrange the apple pieces on the top
- lightly stir the milk in to the topping and then sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours serve with cream or custards
I like to crush 50g of walnuts and sprinkle that on the crumble just before putting it in the oven